forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Stripovi
 Strip bez granica
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hollingsworth
Starting Member

Croatia
48 Posts

Member since 11/04/2007

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 12:50:29  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Hollingsworth's Homepage  Send Hollingsworth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Witchblade

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum. Always nice to see more artists (writers, colorists, letterers etc) here (especially since we're neighbours). But if you're going to have any kind of future here, you need to be able to answer one of the most important questions in the history of comics: Ferri... or Donatelli?

Heh heh. Thanks. Dunno.

You mean this Ferri?

http://matthollingsworth.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

simi
Average Member

812 Posts

Member since 07/09/2005

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 12:58:35  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send simi a Private Message
Yap...This Ferri is the best....
Go to Top of Page

DeeCay
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
21661 Posts

Member since 24/09/2002

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 13:38:59  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send DeeCay a Private Message
quote:

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum. Always nice to see more artists (writers, colorists, letterers etc) here (especially since we're neighbours). But if you're going to have any kind of future here, you need to be able to answer one of the most important questions in the history of comics: Ferri... or Donatelli?

You forgot the second most important question: Who's stronger, Zagor or Blek Stena?

@matt
I guess that Esad has invited Matt to Zagreb, Croatia... What's Žujo, some kind of internal joke of yours?

Kad nas vidiš, ne bi rekao da možemo stvarati svjetove, zar ne?
Yu-bi-tu? Mi-tu!
Go to Top of Page

Hollingsworth
Starting Member

Croatia
48 Posts

Member since 11/04/2007

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 13:51:18  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Hollingsworth's Homepage  Send Hollingsworth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by DeeCay

quote:

You forgot the second most important question: Who's stronger, Zagor or Blek Stena?

@matt
I guess that Esad has invited Matt to Zagreb, Croatia... What's Žujo, some kind of internal joke of yours?

Kad nas vidiš, ne bi rekao da možemo stvarati svjetove, zar ne?
Yu-bi-tu? Mi-tu!

Inside jokes, eh? I'll ask you guys some insider Southern California ones; who's better; Ill Repute or Dr Know?

Žujo je kao Žuja. Kada stigao sam u Hrvatsku, popio sam puno Ožujsko. And so, one of the local girls started calling me Žujo. Then Esad did too and it sorta stuck. Then we came up with the last name Gajnicic, because I live in Gajnice. So, my alter ego here is Žujo Gajnicic, and moja firma se zove Žujo Stripovi. Kužite?

Go to Top of Page

Hollingsworth
Starting Member

Croatia
48 Posts

Member since 11/04/2007

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 13:59:21  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Hollingsworth's Homepage  Send Hollingsworth a Private Message
But, for the record, I think Velebitsko Pivo is the best Croatian beer. At least of the ones I've tried.

Go to Top of Page

Witchblade

Croatia
2754 Posts

Member since 22/07/2002

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 14:00:26  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Witchblade a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hollingsworth

Inside jokes, eh? I'll ask you guys some insider Southern California ones; who's better; Ill Repute or Dr Know?

Žujo je kao Žuja. Kada stigao sam u Hrvatsku, popio sam puno Ožujsko. And so, one of the local girls started calling me Žujo. Then Esad did too and it sorta stuck. Then we came up with the last name Gajnicic, because I live in Gajnice. So, my alter ego here is Žujo Gajnicic, and moja firma se zove Žujo Stripovi. Kužite?

Black Flag, no contest there!

Could've been worse. You could be Kaltenberg Sopotic, for example

"Mary-Ann - She was my daughter and only sixteen years old when she died
Because she didn't listen to me - She listened to those rock'n roll bands
I caught her kissing this boy - In front of my door
These are the reasons why I ripped out the guts of that godless little whore"
Go to Top of Page

Markos
Webmaster

Croatia
29212 Posts

Member since 27/08/2001

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 14:22:40  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Markos's Homepage  Send Markos a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Markos

Hi, Matt!
Don't worry about your language. Honestly, your knowledge is quite impressive, congratulations for the effort!
I was thinking, maybe we can do some interview for the "official" part of the site about your work and life in Croatia? Your story is very interesting, I think you deserve some spotlight in prime-time:)

Kicking Squeeling Gucci Little Piggy

Thanks. I really am making an effort to learn the language, but I don't have as much time to study as a regular student as I have deadlines and such. I figure I'll chip away at it a little at a time and will eventually get there. I know how to order a beer and food and ask where the bathroom is, so those are important ones!

You bet they are:)

quote:
I'd be happy to do an interview or help in promoting the show in whatever way. Let me know what you wanna do. I don't want to post my regular e-mail address. But if you e-mail me at mattt1138@hotmail.com, I will reply and CC it to my GMail account. Okay?

I also have some deadlines to catch, but I'll try to squeeze some time and to write a few questions for you. Maybe I'll phone Esad and try to arrange some pizza or something! Anyway, we'll be in touch! Thanx!

Kicking Squeeling Gucci Little Piggy
Go to Top of Page

Hollingsworth
Starting Member

Croatia
48 Posts

Member since 11/04/2007

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 15:13:38  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Hollingsworth's Homepage  Send Hollingsworth a Private Message
quote:
Black Flag, no contest there!

Could've been worse. You could be Kaltenberg Sopotic, for example

But have you heard Dr Know or Ill Repute?

;-)

I don't understand local shit enough to understand "Kaltenberg Sopotic".

Go to Top of Page

Hollingsworth
Starting Member

Croatia
48 Posts

Member since 11/04/2007

Posted - 11/04/2007 : 15:15:06  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Hollingsworth's Homepage  Send Hollingsworth a Private Message
quote:

I also have some deadlines to catch, but I'll try to squeeze some time and to write a few questions for you. Maybe I'll phone Esad and try to arrange some pizza or something! Anyway, we'll be in touch! Thanx!

Cool. Even better if we go to this pizza place that Mile from Hladno Pivo took us too. If you talk to Esad, mention that place. It's kick ass, but I don't remember the name. It's owned by the same folks who own Sedmica.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000