forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Bande dessinée
 Za Cinebook geekčad
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mcn
Advanced Member

Croatia
6666 Posts

Member since 28/12/2002

Posted - 01/02/2009 : 18:24:49  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit mcn's Homepage  Send mcn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Cinebook to publish 8 new series, 46 titles by Mediatoon in English in 2009

Canterbury, Kent, 26 January, 2009 – For many English-speaking readers, knowledge of European comic books is limited to the popular characters Tintin and Asterix.

Since the end of 2005, Cinebook has worked to become the premier publisher of the Franco-Belgian Ninth Art in English in markets dominated by American superhero comics and Japanese manga.

Olivier Cadic, editor and creator of the publishing house based in Canterbury, England and in Northern California, has announced that it will further develop the Cinebook catalogue in 2009 with the addition of eight new series: "Billy and Buddy," "Buck Danny," "The Chimpanzee Complex," "Insiders," "The Bellybuttons," "Orbital," "Pandora's Box" and "Spirou & Fantasio."

They join the series "Lucky Luke," "Iznogoud," "Blake & Mortimer," "Thorgal," "Largo Winch," "Aldebaran," "Alpha," "IR$," "Lady S," "Scorpion," "Biggles," "Cedric," "Clifton," "Ducoboo," "Melusine," "Papyrus," "The Bluecoats," "Yakari" and "Yoko Tsuno," already being published by Cinebook.

All of the series, 46 Dargaud-Dupuis-Lombard titles and one Casterman title, will be published in new English editions in 2009 by Cinebook.

"We're investing to introduce to the Anglo-Saxon world the numerous European talents of the Ninth Art," declares Cadic. In 2008, almost half of Cinebook's album sales were in Europe (46%) and one-third in North America (31%). Cinebook, which is present throughout the world, also sells in the South Sea Islands (10%), Asia (10%) and Africa/the Middle East (3%).

The foreign rights of publishers Dargaud-Dupuis-Lombard are marketed by Mediatoon Distribution. At the beginning of January 2009, Mediatoon and Cinebook signed a new five-year contract for each of the 27 anticipated series, providing for publication of one to six albums per year by series.

For Sophie Castille, director of Mediatoon's Foreign rights, this agreement constitutes the most important partnership between a publisher of Franco-Belgian bandes dessinées (BD) and an English-language publisher: "In three years, Cinebook has emerged as the premier worldwide publisher of Franco-Belgian BD in the English language. Mediatoon is delighted to be associated with the emergence of a big, new international name in BD."

These and other Cinebook titles are distributed:

In North America, by National Book Network Distribution, Inc. (NBN), www.nbnbooks.com.

In Europe (except France & Benelux), by Turnaround Publisher Services, www.turnaround-psl.com

EDITORS CONTACT:
CINEBOOK MEDIATOON Distribution

Olivier Cadic Sophie Castille
+44 (0)1227 731 368 +33 (0)1 53 26 32 22
olivier@cinebook.co.uk Sophie.Castille@mediatoon.com

www.cinebook.com

— CONTINUED —

Cinebook — CONTINUED —

EDITORS

To schedule an interview with Olivier Cadic, to request a review copy of one of Cinebook's 2009 publications, or for additional information regarding the company, please email Erica Jeffrey (North America) at e.jeffrey@comcast.net or Olivier Cadic (United Kingdom) at olivier@cinebook.co.uk, T.+44(0)1227 731368.

To read more about the company or to view Cinebook's catalogue, visit http://www.cinebook.com.

Brief personal profile of Olivier Cadic:

In 1982, at age 20, Olivier Cadic started electronics firm Info Elec in Paris. In 1996, he transferred the company's business offices to England, where he founded the association La France libre . . . d'entreprendre ("Free France . . . free enterprise") to assist other French businessowners. In 1999, Cadic raised €10 million in funding and created PCB007.com, the first global Internet marketplace for printed circuits. In 2003, observing the electronics market trend toward Asian production, Cadic began systematically divesting his activities in this domain. At the end of 2005, with the founding of his publishing firm Cinebook Ltd, Cadic began to promote Franco-Belgian comic strips to the English-speaking world. He has published approximately 20 series in English, including "Lucky Luke," "Blake & Mortimer," "Largo Winch" and "Thorgal." A self-described "history fanatic," Cadic coauthored the award-winning "Queen Margot" series, Cinebook's only original graphic novel line to date.

With the support of current French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Cadic was elected in 2006 to the A.F.E. (the assembly of French nationals living abroad) to represent French citizens living in the United Kingdom. In the order of protocol, he is third in line after the French Ambassador and the French General Consul.

MEDIATOON DISTRIBUTION : Media-Participations, the European leader in comics publishing and in animated cartoon production, has created Mediatoon to oversee the group's various business activities outside the sphere of comic-book editing and animation production. Mediatoon, managed by Jean-Christophe Delpierre, includes four divisions:

- MEDIATOON Foreign Rights, managed by Sophie Castille, is responsible for selling publishing rights to the comics to international publishers, magazines, and newspapers. These comics include those published by Dargaud, Dupuis, Lombard, Lucky Comics and Kana, as well as by several independent publishers, such as Tabary. Over 1.5 million comic albums in foreign languages are sold under license every year, in over 40 countries and in more than 30 languages.

- The Licensing department, managed by Jérôme Leclercq, licenses rights to the characters and series owned by the Group, such as Spirou, Lucky Luke, Boule et Bill, and Kid Paddle, as well as characters and series outside the Group such as Naruto, Keroro, Full Metal Alchemist, and others.

- Mediatoon International Distribution, managed by Marie-Pierre Moulinjeune, is responsible for the sale of audiovisual programs to television channels and video publishers worldwide. Mediatoon International Distribution owns a catalog of more than 1 400 hours of children's programming.

- The Mediatoon Interactive department, managed by Isabelle Denis, develops new opportunities for all the Group's properties across the new media platforms, such as IPTV, PCs, and mobile telephone systems, and new methods of accessing our content, such as VOD, SVOD, free VOD, permanent downloading, etc. Mediatoon Interactive also centralizes and publishes content on the new and emerging digital platforms of operators, ISPs and service providers

— End —

Zar danas još niste bili na www.darkomacan.com ? *** Moje aukcije: http://www.stripovi.com/index.asp?page=auction-search&Action=1&Seller=mcn

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
26475 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 01/02/2009 : 18:52:55  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
taj sam

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7436 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 02/02/2009 : 11:58:08  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
buck danny -tooooooo!!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Hammer of Hell
Average Member

Croatia
945 Posts

Member since 10/12/2006

Posted - 02/02/2009 : 11:59:03  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit The Hammer of Hell's Homepage  Send The Hammer of Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rommel

buck danny -tooooooo!!!!

Je, ali ovaj novi, bez Charliera.

Ali zato možda i Spirou bude koji noviji, a ne neki Fournieri :)

www.stripgen.com

Edited by - The Hammer of Hell on 02/02/2009 12:00:18
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7436 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 02/02/2009 : 12:27:02  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ali ajde plave bluze su tu za utjehu...
Go to Top of Page

The Hammer of Hell
Average Member

Croatia
945 Posts

Member since 10/12/2006

Posted - 02/02/2009 : 12:32:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit The Hammer of Hell's Homepage  Send The Hammer of Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tu ću čekati Bookglobe, domaće je domaće, ako je jeftinije :)

A za Aldebaran čekam Fibru, valjda će izaći kad tad.

www.stripgen.com

Edited by - The Hammer of Hell on 02/02/2009 13:17:52
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7436 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 02/02/2009 : 12:50:01  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hammer of Hell

quote:

bojim se da je tu naglasak na čekati....a za 52 albuma ne znam da li čovjek u mojim godinama to može
Go to Top of Page

BlekenDekara
Advanced Member

United Arab Emirates
3758 Posts

Member since 07/07/2004

Posted - 24/02/2009 : 00:51:57  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send BlekenDekara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

bojim se da je tu naglasak na čekati....a za 52 albuma ne znam da li čovjek u mojim godinama to može

ne moze:))

From Cinebook, we've lost the first volume of the "Pandora Box" graphic novel series, volume two of "Bluecoats" and volume 3 of Rene Goscinny's "Iznogoud."

Cinebook, as we've seen suffering the whims of Diamond, and seemingly completely absent from the new Previews, are also being attacked for their bowlderising of their European work of late.

Nudity is back as a taboo, with badly censored panels and pages fast becoming the norm.

Despite being labelled 15 Plus, the likes of "Largo Winch" and "Leo's The World Of Aldebaran", "The Scorpion" and "I.R.$." have had poorly drawn underwear added to the character's lithe frames.

Apparently Cinebook was doing their best to make the material appropriate for the non-European market.

Diamond seems to have rewarded the publisher's compliance by stopping distribution of their line.

ukratko - nove minimalne narudzbe postavljene na snagu ovih dana glede distribuiranja stripova pri najvetjem(i jedinom) stripskom distributeru u amera - Diamondu odnele su par zrtava.
ovde najzakukavnija je CineBook koji tje morati dobrano da restruktuira svoj biznis ili poradi na reklami ako misli da nastavi dalje...

Nash cilj je tako velik da ga ne mozemo promashiti!
Go to Top of Page

DZOMBA
Starting Member

33 Posts

Member since 26/11/2008

Posted - 24/02/2009 : 07:49:00  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send DZOMBA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chinjenica da Cinebook cenzurishe i docrtava stripove koje objavljuje i to odvratno znachi da ta izdanja treba zaboraviti.
Go to Top of Page

The Hammer of Hell
Average Member

Croatia
945 Posts

Member since 10/12/2006

Posted - 24/02/2009 : 08:22:54  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit The Hammer of Hell's Homepage  Send The Hammer of Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DZOMBA

Chinjenica da Cinebook cenzurishe i docrtava stripove koje objavljuje i to odvratno znachi da ta izdanja treba zaboraviti.

Je, napraviću baš tako jer mi ti to kažeš. Drž' se ti rukometa:)

www.stripgen.com
Go to Top of Page

DZOMBA
Starting Member

33 Posts

Member since 26/11/2008

Posted - 24/02/2009 : 08:29:24  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send DZOMBA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nebudi glup.
Go to Top of Page

Markos
Webmaster

Croatia
29202 Posts

Member since 27/08/2001

Posted - 24/02/2009 : 09:51:01  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit Markos's Homepage  Send Markos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dzomba, opasno me podsjecas na Marlowea. To ti bas i nije pametno ovdje.

Trouble will find me
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7436 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 24/02/2009 : 10:00:28  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlekenDekara

quote:

quote:

quote:

ne moze:))

a znas ti nesrico jedna...to bjese samo retoricko pitanje
Go to Top of Page

Raymond

USA
1023 Posts

Member since 05/05/2006

Posted - 09/04/2009 : 02:40:27  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Raymond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ja sam promijenio misljenje o ovim Cinebook izdanjima, stvarno su kvalitetna izdanja u mekim koricama koja nisu teska kao tvrdokoricni a i cesto imaju raznih BD izdanja po dva u jedan kao Largo Winch, IRS Aldebaran itd...ali meni su se dopala razna smijesna izdanja kao Lucky Luke, Iznogoud, blue coats itd..ima stvarno super stvari i za zapadne standarde dobre cijene..

Ranije sam bio stvarno tvrdi hardkor miljenik HC izdanja ali stvarno uzmu puno mjesta i teska su, zato sad preferiram ova izdanja slicna Cinebook-u..a i proda se vise zar ne? Ipak neke stvari treba imati i u HC i u SC...

imaju i neki spirou sledece godine
Go to Top of Page

Peyo
Advanced Member

Croatia
10210 Posts

Member since 28/10/2005

Posted - 10/04/2009 : 10:57:20  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Peyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odvratno je koliko ovi u Cinebook-u strahuju od prikazivanja ženskih grudi.

Uredno se docrtavaju grudnjaci, plahte i sl.

Slijedeći potez bi trebao biti brisanje cigareta iz Lucky Luke-a i iz starih epizoda ...
Go to Top of Page

GGG

Slovenia
2533 Posts

Member since 08/11/2003

Posted - 10/04/2009 : 13:46:44  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send GGG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ako si baš zapeo za grudi, postoje za to primjereniji stripovi i izdavači...

Stara Huta za 36 minuta

Edited by - GGG on 10/04/2009 13:47:17
Go to Top of Page

Raymond

USA
1023 Posts

Member since 05/05/2006

Posted - 10/04/2009 : 15:06:40  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Raymond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nisam siguran za ta docrtavanja itd, ali to mi ne smeta ipak ima na buljuk stripova sa tim stvarima itd..to mozda moraju jer da se proda u americkim knjizarama [mozda i u drugim drzavama] imaju neki kodovi koje se moras pridrzavat da mozes prodavati tu stvar kao knjigu itd...a puno naroda u ameriki na primjer kupuje romane u knjizarama jer prakticno nema vise striparnica ili kao ranije prodavali su se u trafikama itd...siguran sam da je to jedan od najvecih razloga
Go to Top of Page

Peyo
Advanced Member

Croatia
10210 Posts

Member since 28/10/2005

Posted - 14/04/2009 : 08:46:29  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Peyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GGG

Ako si baš zapeo za grudi, postoje za to primjereniji stripovi i izdavači...

Cinebook is the 9th Art publisher (piše na njihovoj web stranici).

To i cenzura ne ide jedno s drugim ...
Go to Top of Page

GGG

Slovenia
2533 Posts

Member since 08/11/2003

Posted - 14/04/2009 : 10:52:43  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send GGG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cinebook je prvo "publisher" pa tek onda "9th Art"... i pošto im pola stripova ide u ameriku, moraju se prilagoditi njima. Umjesto tih nesretnih grudnjaka, pametnije bi bilo napraviti neku "mature" sekciju (kao NBM), vjerojatno bi više i prodali.

Stara Huta za 36 minuta
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000