forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Americki strip
 Princ Valijant u coloru - REPRINT
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 13/03/2009 : 00:55:58  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexts

Ova boja i nije toliko loša. Deluje prihvatljivo.

Kako kome... Ne bi imalo smisla raditi kolor iznova, a stari je grozan. Barem meni... Bledo i mrtvo, tek kasnije su te boje malo zivlje.

Mada je Valiant koji je izlazio u "Kekecu" bio simpa. (Ono shto sam video su table iz negde 14. ili 15. MP-ovog toma, znachi Foster pred kraj...)

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Wayne

Uh momci,to je mnogo kuna,cak i da mi sestra uzme u zagrebu pa da me ceka kad dodjem..toliko izadju i stari marketprintovi!

Jel bar kvalitet na visini(papir,stampa,prevod)???

Iskreno, Marketprintovi su meni bolji od ZG naklade, mada mi je prijatelj iz Zagreba rekao da prevod uopshte nije tako losh u novima. Bio je u nekom topicu primer, poredjenje nekih rechenica, ali jbm li ga gde...

Baci pogled na topic o Modesty... Ti stripovi moraju vrhunski da budu prevedeni, a ovde su gospoda Renky, Curunir i rommel, pa neka presude! Ljudi chija rech mnogo vredi.

Shto se tehnichkog dela tiche, hc izdanje, odlichan papir, crtez ponegde ochishcen od sive boje... Cena je bila 180 kn, mozda je poskupelo, ali mislim da vredi dati te pare.

PreliStAvanje - YouTube kanal za promociju strip-kulture
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Wayne

Serbia
1060 Posts

Member since 03/09/2008

Posted - 15/03/2009 : 00:40:14  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Bruce Wayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hvala na answerima ljudi,sad jos samo da konsultujem onoga ko presudjuje u ovakvim slucajevima......svoj novcanik

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7428 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 15/03/2009 : 13:14:26  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hvala na answerima ljudi,sad jos samo da konsultujem onoga ko presudjuje u ovakvim slucajevima......svoj novcanik

taj ti najtočnije zna
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Wayne

Serbia
1060 Posts

Member since 03/09/2008

Posted - 15/03/2009 : 22:19:44  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Bruce Wayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rommel

quote:

taj ti najtočnije zna

To je tacno...problem je samo sto me najcesce razocara!!!!!

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 16/05/2009 : 20:34:32  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evo, možete da uporedite kolor i c/b verziju dva aktuelna izdanja...

kolor:
http://www.fantagraphics.com/images/stories/previews/pval01-preview.pdf

c/b:
http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=498&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1576&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Lično, po milioniti put sam došao do istog zaključka...

Edited by - Gil-galad on 16/05/2009 20:38:21
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 25/05/2009 : 00:00:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Prince Valiant - "A History of Valiants" by Kim Thompson

This Afterword is excerpted in its entirety from Prince Valiant Vol. 1: 1937-1938 from Fantagraphics Books.

Terrifically popular from its inception, Prince Valiant is one of the most frequently reprinted comic strips of all time. Like many other classics, it was extensively collected in comic book form early on, but starting in the 1950s, it was also one of the first to graduate to bona fide book editions. Sadly, commercial and technical limitations conspired to undercut the true glory of Foster’s work, as the strips were recolored (inevitably to their detriment, as in the otherwise impressive 1960s Nostalgia Press editions) and sometimes even rewritten (as in the simplified 1950s Hasting House editions which, adding insult to injury, presented the work in black-and-white). And when a publisher decided to do it entirely right, as Rick Norwood of Manuscript Press did in the 1980s with his magnificent Prince Valiant — An American Epic project, the cost of recreating new color separations to exactly match the original series and printing them in a giant newspaper size caused the series to peter out after only three volumes.

Since our hero is of Scandinavian blood and as a result has always been popular in Northern Europe, it is fitting that the most ambitious Valiant reprint job to date was engineered by Danes. Beginning in the 1970s, the Danish publisher Interpresse produced a series of comics albums reprinting the entire Foster Valiant canon; partway through, they invited publishers from other countries to join them in order to share the burden of production and printing costs—a call to which Fantagraphics responded enthusiastically. Thus, between 1984 and 2004 Fantagraphics collected not only the entire run of Foster-drawn Valiants (as was the original plan) but continued beyond that, ultimately committing to print the following decade’s worth of strips that, while drawn by Foster’s successor John Cullen Murphy, were still being written and laid out by Foster. While the Danes had access to decent black-and-white proof sheets, resulting in nice, crisp reproduction, they did re-color most of the strips “European style,” with results that, while quite good on their own merits, left many Foster fans hoping someday to see an edition more faithful to Foster’s original.

LEFT TO RIGHT: Three samples of the same Prince Valiant panel in three PV editions: The 1960s Nostalgia Press edition, the 1980s Interpresse/ Fantagraphics edition (both recolored), and the present edition (shot from engraver's proofs).

Well, that day is upon us! Here in the 21st century color digital reproduction technology has advanced to the point where it is possible to scan classic Valiant color pages and then color-correct and restore them to the point where they regain 99% of the crispness and glory of their original appearance. While this technique has been used on countless other recent comic strip reprints, including Fantagraphics’ own Krazy Kat and Popeye, IDW’s Dick Tracy, Terry and the Pirates, and Little Orphan Annie, Sunday Press’s Little Nemo and Gasoline Alley, and many others — did we mention this is the golden age of classic comic strip reprints? — Prince Valiant benefits from an extra stroke of good luck: The availability of a nearly full set of pristine color engraver’s proof sheets of almost the entire Prince Valiant run, carefully preserved by Foster and donated to Syracuse University, who has generously provided scans of these pages for our use. So special thanks are in order to Syracuse U.’s Sean M. Quimby and Nicolette Dobrowolski for their help in securing these.

Additional thanks to Brian M. Kane (who was also the one told us about the existence and availability of the Syracuse proofs so crucial to this project) for supplying us with a spate of fascinating Foster art and photos to accompany his introduction and Fred Schreiber’s interview. And when it turned out that Syracuse’s files did not include 17 pages from these two years, Achim Dressler, whose Bocola Verlag has been releasing a (German-language) complete Valiant series based on scrupulously restored scans of original printed newspaper pages, was able to jump into the breach and provide us with seven of them — pages 15, 16, 17, 24, 37, 72, and 89. That, as a bonus, gave us the uncensored seen-only-in-Europe gruesome second panel of page 37 (the American release was minus that jutting sword); so to him we extend our cosmopolitan dankeschöns as well. Meanwhile, when it turned out nobody had particularly good color tearsheets or proofs from the ultra-rare first 10 pages (Bocola’s scans were pretty ragged for these), the aforementioned Rick Norwood generously allowed us to shoot from his American Epic book with its re-created color separations (and even in that version readers will notice some smudgy linework on several of the pages). Also thanks are in order to Glenn Mott of King Features Syndicate, and within our own four walls, a special tip of the sword to color-corrector/retoucher extraordinaire Paul Baresh and to designer supreme Adam Grano. All deserving of prime seating at the Round Table.

Edited by - Gil-galad on 25/05/2009 00:07:47
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 26/06/2009 : 20:11:34  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Na sajtu izdavača (http://www.fantagraphics.com/) - konačno među new releases!!! Uskoro bi trebalo da se nađe i na Amazonu.

Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 07/08/2009 : 03:31:11  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uz novo izdanje, krajem godine stiže nam i knjiga:

http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Prince-Valiant-Companion/dp/1606993062/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=IGHA18QP98FNV&colid=1XE0ZLZCR7IGP

Kad bi još izašao i reprint "Hal Foster: Prince of illustrators, father of the Adventure strip" od istog autora... Verovatno će i to narednih godina...

Review:

Out of print for over a decade, The Prince Valiant Companion has become a Holy Grail for collectors of the series. Now, in anticipation of the seventy-fifth anniversary of comics' longest-running adventure strip, and to celebrate their own just-launched reprinting of the strip's classic earliest years, Fantagraphics is proud to present an expanded version of this hard-to-find collector's item. Compiled by award-winning Foster biographer Brian M. Kane, The Definitive Prince Valiant Companion beautifully and definitively showcases the careers of artists Hal Foster, John Cullen Murphy, and Gary Gianni. In addition to updating the original version's story synopsis section with over thirty years of material, The Definitive Prince Valiant Companion also contains rare and new articles. Included in this volume is a never before reprinted newspaper feature from 1949, Foster's final interview conducted by Arn Saba, an extensive interview with John Cullen Murphy, and a new interview with the current Prince Valiant creative team of Gary Gianni and Mark Schultz. The Companion also contains a new, in-depth article by Kane on Foster's artistic influences, as well as a foreword by comics historian Brian Walker, and an introduction by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Ray Bradbury. A special feature of The Companion is a sixteen-page color section of carefully selected strips from the entire run of the comic. Showcasing this section are eight pages by Foster, scanned and digitally restored from original color engraver's proofs that had been carefully stored and preserved for over forty years. For the first time ever, collectors will be able to see Prince Valiant as Foster intended it to be seen, with all of his fine inked line work intact. Rounding out this section are four John Cullen Murphy pages from the Murphy family's collection of proofs, and four Gary Gianni pages that were selected by the artist and digitally recolored under his supervision. Proceeds from the sale of The Definitive Prince Valiant Companion will go to The Friends of Hal Foster Society to aid in the creation of the Prince Valiant statue in Foster's birthplace of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Synopsis (1):
Filling in the background to Hal Foster's classic strip, this volume provides commentary, biographical notes and unseen artwork.

Synopsis (2):
In Anticipation of the seventy-fifth annivesary of comics' longest running adventure strip, and to celebrate their own just-launced reprinting of the strips' classic earliest years, Fantagraphics is proud to present an expanded version of this hard-to-find collector's item. Compiled by award-winning Foster biographer Brian M. Kane, THE DEFINITIVE PRINCE VALIANT COMPANION beautifully showcases the careers of Hal Foster, John Cullen Murphy, and Gary Gianni. In addition to updating the original version's story synopsis section with over 30 years of material, The Definitive Prince Valiant Companion also contains rare and new articles, a never-before-printed newspaper feature from 1949, Foster's final interview, and interviews with John Cullen Murphy, Gary Gianni and Mark Schultz, a foreward by comics historian Brian Walker, and an introduction by Pulitzer Prize winning authore Ray Bradbury.

Premalo je reći jedva čekam!!!

Edited by - Gil-galad on 27/08/2009 22:56:27
Go to Top of Page

Lord Vader89
stripovi.com suradnik

France
9543 Posts

Member since 05/07/2007

Posted - 28/08/2009 : 08:12:25  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Lord Vader89 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
brate, vodis monolog

Potpis u dva reda, prema pravilniku:
Vader je, kao i uvek, u pravu. ; john connor ; 2022 A.D.
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 29/08/2009 : 01:50:47  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vader89

brate, vodis monolog

Aha, i odlično se zabavljam!

'aj' prenesi utiske kad ti bude stigao strip i postavi neke slike. Imao sam priliku da samo prelistam pre neki dan, zaista savršeno odrađeno. No, nije mi bilo dozvoljeno da slikam, pojedini kolekcionari stvarno nisu normalni... Ja neću sledeću turu stripova naručivati do oktobra.

Evo nekih reviewa...

http://www.tangognat.com/2009/07/31/prince-valiant-volume-1-1937-1938/

http://www.guttergeek.com/files/prince_valiant.html

http://www.readaboutcomics.com/2009/07/20/prince-valiant-vol-1-1937-1938/

http://www.planetpeschel.com/index?/site/comments/masterful_reprint_of_a_comic_masterpiece/

Go to Top of Page

JAH WOBBLE
Average Member

628 Posts

Member since 20/01/2009

Posted - 30/08/2009 : 13:54:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send JAH WOBBLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Da nije Gil-galad vodio monolog, i da nije postovao pogovor, sigurno ne bih naručio ovo izdanje (stiže za par nedelja). Znam da je bolji cb, ali ovo moram da vidim.
Go to Top of Page

JAH WOBBLE
Average Member

628 Posts

Member since 20/01/2009

Posted - 17/09/2009 : 14:06:11  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send JAH WOBBLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stigao Valiant. Za neverovati ali boja ipak može da funkcioniše u ovom stripu. Pojedine table su prelepe. Na nekima se jasno vidi da pripadaju u onih 17. Nikakav preview vam ovo ne može dočarati. Apsolutna preporuka!!!
Korice su mi oštećene.

Da li neko ima ono portugalsko c/b izdanje. Kakvo je u poređenju sa našim. Ne mislim na informacije sa neta, sve sam isčitao, nego da li ga je neko držao u rukama?!
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7428 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 17/09/2009 : 21:28:45  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i meni stigao prije par dana fantastično izdanje
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7428 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 17/09/2009 : 21:33:46  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JAH WOBBLE

Stigao Valiant. Za neverovati ali boja ipak može da funkcioniše u ovom stripu. Pojedine table su prelepe. Na nekima se jasno vidi da pripadaju u onih 17. Nikakav preview vam ovo ne može dočarati. Apsolutna preporuka!!!
Korice su mi oštećene.

Da li neko ima ono portugalsko c/b izdanje. Kakvo je u poređenju sa našim. Ne mislim na informacije sa neta, sve sam isčitao, nego da li ga je neko držao u rukama?!

možeš se žaliti na korice i dobijaš drugu knjigu - ja sam se žalio na potrgani omot (tj. dust jacket) nije bio tako strašno ni potrgan ali kako sam ja to nakitio i dobio drugu fantastičnu knjigu UNFILTERED - Ralpha Bakshija - isto tako sam se žalio na vol.2 Segarova Popaja i dobio drugi - uvijek su me pitali želim li refund ili drugi primjerak - ja bi uzeo drugi primjerak
Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25902 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:10:22  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jesi li onu prvu vratija?

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7428 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 17/09/2009 : 22:15:49  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaki

Jesi li onu prvu vratija?

naravno da nisam ali nisu ni tražili zato obožavam američki amazon ovi evropski su zaguljeniji
Go to Top of Page

Raymond

USA
1023 Posts

Member since 05/05/2006

Posted - 18/09/2009 : 02:48:41  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Raymond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Korice su mi oštećene.

Ja sam imao portugalsko izdanje, prelijepo c/b ali ko zna kako i koliko ce to ici itd, zato preporucujem ovo od fante u boji, uradili su boju vrlo dobro bez previse opterecivanja linja...dimenzije portugalskog ako se ne varam su malo vece ali skoro isto...plus je skupklje to portugalsko ako se sjecam dobro [mozes dva tri ovih of fante iz amazona za jednu tu c/b]...
Go to Top of Page

JAH WOBBLE
Average Member

628 Posts

Member since 20/01/2009

Posted - 18/09/2009 : 07:02:12  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send JAH WOBBLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Što se mene tiče samo da dođu do petice.
Posle toga Val ipak gubi na kvalitetu.
(prethodna konstatacija iznuđena je visokom cenom izdanja i razmišljanjem o smislenosti tripliranja)

Dimenzije su iste:
boja (10.5" x 14.25")
c/b (11" x 14")

Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25902 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 18/09/2009 : 12:46:11  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
naravno da nisam ali nisu ni tražili zato obožavam američki amazon ovi evropski su zaguljeniji

Mora bit da ti se često nešto ošteti pa tražiš drugu

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7428 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 18/09/2009 : 15:42:03  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaki

quote:

Mora bit da ti se često nešto ošteti pa tražiš drugu

a ne pretjerujem baš toliko u kojih deset fgodina možda 6-7 puta...
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 19/09/2009 : 03:49:34  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Što se mene tiče samo da dođu do petice.
Posle toga Val ipak gubi na kvalitetu.

U tom smeru i ja razmišljam...

quote:

(prethodna konstatacija iznuđena je visokom cenom izdanja i razmišljanjem o smislenosti tripliranja)

Ma valjalo bi imati i ZG nakladu samo zbog onih predivnih naslovnica! Čini mi se da je i njih radila sjajna Melina...

Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 14/10/2009 : 01:08:20  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ispunila mi se želja o novom izdanju ove knjige, pa ću konačno i nju da uvrstim u kolekciju!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Hal-Foster-Prince-Illustrators-Adventure/dp/1887591257/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255474632&sr=8-3

Go to Top of Page

rommel
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
7428 Posts

Member since 26/11/2001

Posted - 14/10/2009 : 10:18:08  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send rommel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
svojedobno sam narucio i platio!!! tu knjigu na mile comic shopu koja nikada nije stigla....gadovi mi se nikad nisu više javili...a žao mi bila je hc izdanje
Go to Top of Page

JAH WOBBLE
Average Member

628 Posts

Member since 20/01/2009

Posted - 14/10/2009 : 12:04:29  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send JAH WOBBLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ta knjiga je savršena!

Evo linka za detaljnu priču o koloru u stripu Princ Valiant sa mnoštvom ilustracija.
http://comic-historietas.blogspot.com/search/label/EL%20PR%C3%8DNCIPE%20VALIENTE
Blog je izuzetno dobar ali je na španskom.
Preostaje korišćenje google prevodioca (bolje je prevesti na engleski jer se prevodom na srpski ili hrvatski dobijaju slabiji rezultati, odnosno teže razumljiv tekst).
OVO JE LINK SA GOOGLE PREVODOM ISTE STRANICE
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sr&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcomic-historietas.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F08%2Fel-principe-valiente-2-los-problemas.html

U tekstu MANUEL CALDAS Y EL PRINCIPE VALIENTE može se čitati i o portugalskom izdanju i njegovom izdavaču Manuelu Caldasu, čije su špansko izdanje Valianta, usled bezobrazluka konkurencije, zabranili za prodaju u Španiji.
Isti izdavač izdaje i LANCEA U KOLORU!
http://www.manuelcaldas.com/coleccion.php?col=lance_es
Po dve stranice Valianta i Lancea za download.
http://www.manuelcaldas.com/muestras.php

Pokušao sam da naručim englesku varijantu portugalskog izdanja ali su mi iz firme preko koje naručujem javili da je rasprodato. Određenu količinu Fantagraphics prodaje samo za severnoameričko tržište.

Novo izdanje The Definitive Prince Valiant Companion imaće i novu naslovnu stranu.
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Prince-Valiant-Companion-Fantagraphics/dp/1606993062

Edited by - JAH WOBBLE on 14/10/2009 12:11:07
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3526 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 16/11/2009 : 09:03:18  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Od jurnjave da se ovo i ono ne rasproda, tek sam pre neki dan naruchio prvi tom, no nema veze, poshto je kako vidim dvojka najavljena tek za maj sl. godine...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1606993488

Opet odlichna naslovnica, iz najbolje epizode Valianta. Voleo bih dodushe da se na prvoj nashla Dandorn Glen tabla ili proglashenje za viteza Okruglog stola, ali 'ajde da ne cepidlachim...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000