forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Izdavacki izlog
 ROSENCRANTZ predstavlja: Jaybird - Kreja
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 12/07/2015 : 20:25:18  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Još tri dana po promotivnoj ceni od 1599 dinara (13 evra) plus poštarina...!
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 12/08/2015 : 09:15:51  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Intervju sa Laurijem Ahonenom možete pročitati ovde:

http://www.rosencrantz.rs/intervjui/intervju-sa-laurijem-ahonenom
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 14/08/2015 : 08:10:47  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Mystery and the Dread of Lauri and Jaakko Ahonen’s Jaybird

Based on my experience with Finnish films, Finnish creative works seem to have a pace of their own. In the films, there seems to be a general bleakness mixed with glimmers of absurdity and most noticeably a terseness that make every word and gesture feel a tiny bit awkward but all the more meaningful because of the space and extended silence between every dialog or plot event. The films do not represent this style alone. In the comic book ream, Jaybird by Lauri and Jaakko Ahonen transfer this distinctively Finnish tone into a somber tale about a jay stuck physically and psychologically in his childhood home.

Jaybird, the first comic book and winner of the 2013 Comic Book Finlandia prize by the Ahonen brothers, develops a unique amount of dread and sorrow for a story centered on probably one of the most adorable and heartbreaking animated birds. There’s a lot of Yorgos Lanthimos’s Dogtooth seasoned with a dash of William Faulkner’s A Rose For Emily and even a sprinkle of Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho in here, creating an unrelenting, unsettling feeling heightened by the dark and lush illustrations of the decrepit house. And, to push the creepiness further, the Ahonens include very little dialog and spend a great deal of the book focused on Jaybird’s house. Consequently, with less plot structure and dialog to focus on, the bleak atmosphere climbs out of the book, pulling you in the house where hundreds of paintings of ancestors hang on every hallway wall with their eyes perpetually devoid of life yet eerily able to follow and watch Jaybird’s every move.

Left alone in a large, once glorious, now ramshackle Victorian house, Jaybird spends every moment of his day taking care of his ill mother and meeting every demand she makes. Jaybird cooks for her, changes her diapers, and responds to her requests made by ringing a homemade chain of bells, empty cans, and silver plates hanging from the ceiling of the halls. He has no world outside of his home and his mother, and he never will. No sunlight enters the home, and it never will. Jaybird’s mother has boarded up every window and has kept Jaybird from ever wondering what lies beyond the boards by instilling a paralyzing fear of the “Bad Birds” who live outside of the house who will torture and murder innocent birds who cross their paths. Jaybird himself has no desire to test his mother’s claim and does not develop any curiosity about a world beyond, so he remains in his home in the constant fear that the Bad Birds may even find him inside of his home.

Living a life of pure isolation and knowing nothing about the world beyond the little information his mother relays to him to remind him why he needs to stay quiet and clean the house, Jaybird is unable to understand any facet of reality beyond his own. Consequently, one day, when he befriends a tarantula in the house, Jaybird’s world begins to fall apart as he asks more questions and explores the forbidden parts of his home. And through Jaybird’s response to the things he discovers, we also begin to see traces that perhaps Jaybird was not just a dutiful son.

Possibly a pure psychological horror story exposing the perversity and damage (both psychological and physiological) parents can inflict on their children, Jaybird leaves many open questions for the reader to infer. By the end, we wonder what exactly is real or a figment of Jaybird’s all-fearing imagination. Does his mother even exist? Who are the relatives on the walls? Who is alive, and who is dead in the Jaybird house? Who is responsible for the decline of Jaybird’s once triumphant and noble family? The only concrete information we have to piece everything together is Jaybird’s paranoia and agoraphobia stemming from his mother’s tales of the Bad Birds. This information has thrown him deeper into his crippling alienation, but the paranoia and isolation may have existed before in a hidden form of psychopathy, so his mother’s tale may have only exacerbated his condition.

By the end of the book, it is uncertain who is the villain in Jaybird because the Ahonens do not lead us in any absolute direction to decipher where the line between Jaybird’s imagination and reality lies. We have sympathy for Jaybird but suspect he serves as an unreliable and unstable narrator. We know his mother protected him from the world at the cost of his psychological well being, but some uncertainty remains on how much of his antisocial tendencies stem from her alone. Jaybird almost leaves a little too much unanswered by the end of the book, but it deserves an applause for the amount of mystery, horror, and gloominess it accomplishes with few pages and minimal dialog and plot; I have yet to encounter such a simple yet cryptic book where almost any interpretation of the end leads to such grim and severe outcomes.

Jaybird establishes an unwavering melancholic mood and atmosphere to explore some terrifying corners of the human mind through the adventures and possible illusions of a potentially psychotic cartoon bird. That sentence definitely sounds insane and absurd, but I think it means you should take a look at Jaybird. Bravo Lauri and Jaakko; you have created an absurd, horrific, and tragic story told from a perspective far from American or French ones, which currently dominate the graphic novel and comic book scene. Please do keep the distinguishable and unique Finnish tone and style going in comic books to come.

Jaybird is written by Jaakko Ahonen and illustrated by Lauri Ahonen. It is available via Dark Horse Books.

Preneto sa: https://lilyandgeneroso4ever.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/the-mystery-and-the-dread-of-lauri-and-jaakko-ahonens-jaybird/

Edited by - ROSENCRANTZ on 14/08/2015 08:11:47
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 15/08/2015 : 10:15:39  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evo kako izgleda Kreja na finskom:

http://ei-mustaa-valkoisella.blogspot.com/2015/07/lauri-jaakko-ahonen-pikku-narhi.html
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 01/09/2015 : 20:40:43  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Kreja na italijanskom:

http://www.delosstore.it/librinuovi/48178/jaybird/
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 05/09/2015 : 09:20:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Intervju sa Jakom Ahonenom možete pričitati ovde:

http://www.rosencrantz.rs/intervjui/intervju-sa-jakom-ahonenom
Go to Top of Page

zokalav

2011 Posts

Member since 24/08/2010

Posted - 15/09/2015 : 20:42:22  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send zokalav a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ptičica je sletjela
http://stripovibanjaluka.blogspot.ba/
Go to Top of Page

mr murdoc
Advanced Member

Switzerland
14557 Posts

Member since 02/01/2006

Posted - 16/09/2015 : 20:27:59  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send mr murdoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kreja me neminovno podsjeca na one Low-Budget horrorce klaustofobicnog i paranoidnog stiha..Alfred Hitchcock koca na vratasca , ali opet osjecaj porazenog juga nosi miris beskompromisnog koda odanosti i bijesa..do dana sudnjeg...i dalje.
Ikonografija, kod resetirane moralnosti, izotop kompaktnosti straha..esencija nevinosti..iskra ludila.
Strip za oci..pa onda za mozak..a tek onda za dusu..Kreja je markirung mjesta na kojem cemo jednog dana svi zavrsiti ili smo vec zavrsili...dosta sad..jos cu i zaplakati...

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”? Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 24/10/2015 : 07:44:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"If you are a human being of the more emotional disposition – or indeed a human being of any emotional capacity whatsoever – I would caution you to take care when reading the short yet gorgeously presented work that is Jaako & Lauri Ahonen’s Jaybird. It may leave you shaken – and even psychologically bereft — for a period of time afterwards."

Ostastak prikaza Kreje na Broken Frontier možete pročitati ovde: http://www.brokenfrontier.com/jaybird-review-lauri-ahonen-jaako-ahonen-dark-horse-comics-graphic-novel/
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 26/10/2015 : 18:13:07  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"'Kreja' je tužna, ćudljiva poslastica. To je vrsta grafičkog roman koji se kupi i ostavi na stoliću za druge da ih primete i izgube se u njemu. Vi ćete biti tužniji nakon što ćete je pročitati, ali i dirnuti nesrećom antropomorfne ptice, koja bi, u boljem svetu, pevala izvan vlastitog prozora."

Ostatak recenzije Ashley Victoria-e Robinson na:

http://majorspoilers.com/2014/09/07/jaybird-hc-review/
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 28/10/2015 : 10:40:18  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Jaybird is a melancholic, haunting work that gets into the reader’s mind and doesn’t let go"

Kompletnu recenziju Toma Speelmana možete pročitati ovde:

http://thisisanothercastle.com/2014/08/27/jaybird-review-deceptive-and-haunting-732fin845962/
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 29/10/2015 : 19:51:44  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Run, don’t walk, to your local shop and grab this" kažu za Kreju na Nerdgamsu, a ceo prikaz možete pročitati ovde:

http://nerdgasms.net/spotlight-ink-jaybird/
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 31/10/2015 : 06:45:18  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Fear plays with the mind in strange ways that it can even drive one to madness. One of these fears is paranoia about the outside world so bad you board yourself up in your house. Lauri and Jaakko Ahonen explore this type of fear using birds in their debut comic “Jaybird.” This comic is surprisingly one of the best comics this year."

Ostatak receniji Rocco Samsone-a pročitajte ovde:
http://reviewfix.com/2014/09/jaybird-review-alls-well-that-doesnt-end-well/
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 06/12/2015 : 18:11:30  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Prikaz Kreje u Žurnalistu:

http://www.novinarnica.net/reader/#/izdanje/26105/0/43
Go to Top of Page

ROSENCRANTZ

354 Posts

Member since 21/02/2014

Posted - 14/01/2016 : 21:19:15  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ROSENCRANTZ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kreja ima i svoju Facebook stranu - u poslednje vreme nije naročito aktivna, ali eto prilike da vi ostavite svoj komentar:

https://www.facebook.com/Jaybird-comic-book-279734188810398/?fref=ts
Go to Top of Page

anto
Advanced Member

Serbia
20658 Posts

Member since 29/06/2008

Posted - 03/12/2021 : 19:50:53  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send anto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dal' sam ja dobro video,ili možda i grešim,ali komentari za Kreju su mahom u superlativima,i to one teške kategorije poput "genijalno,remek delo...".
Ništa ja ovde nisam video od toga.
Ok,lep strip,predivnog crteža,sa sjajnim kadriranjem(tu bi se mogao upotrebiti pridev genijalno),priča na mestu.
Ali ja generalno ne padam na te teme koja se bave stanjem duše i slično,pa je verovatno i do mene, što mi Kreja nije izazvala neku veću pozitivnu reakciju (strip sam inače pročitao tri puta za zadnjih par meseci, ne bih li dobro utvrdio moj stav prema njemu).
3/5

Dajte nam Ralph Azhama;može i mekokoricen (ali u boji obavezno)!

Edited by - anto on 03/12/2021 20:52:02
Go to Top of Page

Jocko
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
1138 Posts

Member since 22/11/2016

Posted - 29/11/2022 : 15:10:53  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Jocko a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kao i strip koji sam nedavno ponovo overio, Komikovo More zove, i Kreja je strip obiman samo po broju stranica (100+), ali od onih kratkih, koji se brzo čitaju. Razlog tome je što je strip većinski sastavljen od nemih kadrova, dakle malo teksta, i što ima dosta strana sa po jednim kadrom po strani, ili jednim na dve strane. Sa te strane deluje kao da Kreja nema ''mesa''. Tome doprinosi i to što u stripu ima samo četiri lika, od kojih većinu vremena pratimo samo jednoga, malog Kreju.

U opisu priče stoji, ''kombinuje mračnu priču sa iskrama nade i prijateljstva''. I zaista, to su samo iskre. Jer ovde nade gotovo i nema, a prijateljstva samo u bolnim tragovima.

Takođe, uvodnih nekoliko rečenica koje opisuju radnju stripa ( na zadnjoj korici i u uvodnom postu) je bolje preskočiti, kao što sam ja učinio, jer je radnja sama po sebi prilično jednostavna i mršava, i bolje je ne znati baš ništa pre početka čitanja. Ali nije da uprkos jednostavnosti radnje ovde nema obrta i napetih momenata.

Bez obzira na antropomorfne ''diznijevske'' likove, ovo je jedna mračna i turobna priča, bez mnogo pozitivnosti. Mučni psihološki triler koji nas zavarava da nije samo to. Završnica je jednostavna, ali je na mene ostavila snažan utisak. Slažem se da strip ima dobru atmosferu, a tome doprinosi klaustrofobično mesto radnje i kadriranje, plus mračnija paleta boja.

Strip je, kako piše, pobrao brojne nagrade i nominacije, i nije od onih koje ću zaboraviti nakon čitanja, ali kao da nešto ovde fali. Možda to što je priča suviše jednostavna i neke stvari u vezi sa dvoje ključnih likova su bile predvidive (odnos Kreje i majke, koja je donekle stereotipan lik), i to što je sa onim lovom na pauka i preteranom simbolikom velikih prozora i vrata (naspram malog Kreje), priča blago udavila u prvoj polovini. Ali u završnici se stvar popravlja i odlazi u neke baš ozbiljne vode (hint: podsetilo me na završnicu filma Parazit), a strip i bez puno teksta uspeva da prenese teške emocije. Nikada nisam mislio da ću toliko zgotiviti lika koji je jedan običan pauk.

EDIT: Neki od komentatora na Goodreadsu su lepo rekli kako ovo poređenje sa Diznijem ne stoji (Kreju je objavio Egmont na engleskom), i kako je Finskoj braći pre inspiracija bio Čarls Burns nego Karl Barks. A kako sam ove godine čitao Burnsovu Crnu rupu, moram da se složim sa tom opaskom.

Dva meni draga žanra: psihološki triler + porodična drama, u ''zavaravajuće bezbrižnom'' životinjskom ruhu, utisak za Kreju mi je, na kraju, pozitivan.

Edited by - Jocko on 29/11/2022 15:31:57
Go to Top of Page

borg

Serbia
1671 Posts

Member since 13/01/2020

Posted - 29/11/2022 : 22:36:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send borg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meni je Kreja odličan strip. Pun kontrasta. Strašan i naivan, okrutan i nevin, antipatičan i empatičan. Uprkos manjku dijaloga, radnje mu ne nedostaje. Psihoze su ekstra odrađene.

Resistance is futile.
Go to Top of Page

Chief Warhead

1206 Posts

Member since 28/08/2011

Posted - 01/12/2022 : 17:48:50  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Chief Warhead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anto

Ali ja generalno ne padam na te teme koja se bave stanjem duše i slično

Pa kad ti iste nemaš ni u tragovima.
A 'tičica je genijalna.

Danas ima da se zezam, a za sutra stvarno ne znam.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000