forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.stripovi.com - svaštara - off topic diskusije
 Svaštara
 PayPal in Serbia
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 18/01/2024 : 15:20:07  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always have difficulty when I want to buy comics in Serbia.

Serbia is a non-EU country so making payments from an EU country (Italy, Germany,...) to Serbia is expensive if you use platforms such as Western Union or MoneyGram or bank transfers (extra SEPA). Is there a particular reason why PayPal which is very popular in Europe is almost unused in Serbia?

Just to know... Thank you

------------------

Uvek imam poteškoća kada želim da kupim strip u Srbiji.

Srbija je zemlja izvan EU pa je plaćanje iz zemlje EU (Italija, Njemačka,...) u Srbiju skupo ako koristite platforme kao što su Western Union ili MoneyGram ili bankovni transferi (extra SEPA). Postoji li neki poseban razlog zašto se PayPal, koji je vrlo popularan u Europi, gotovo ne koristi u Srbiji?

Samo da znam... Hvala

sawitch
Advanced Member

Serbia
39392 Posts

Member since 17/11/2007

Posted - 18/01/2024 : 22:18:44  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send sawitch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because we are still in the stone age in Serbia.
Go to Top of Page

edvin

Croatia
1277 Posts

Member since 06/10/2002

Posted - 19/01/2024 : 09:08:27  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send edvin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mislim da je u HR PayPal došao sa EU... kolko se sjećam.

"How long, not long, 'cause what you reap is what you sow!"

Edited by - edvin on 19/01/2024 09:08:44
Go to Top of Page

naker
Advanced Member

3548 Posts

Member since 05/06/2020

Posted - 19/01/2024 : 18:08:26  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send naker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Na FB postoji dobra grupa za pitanja oko PayPala u Srbiji:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paypal.srb
Go to Top of Page

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 19/01/2024 : 21:09:20  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by naker

Na FB postoji dobra grupa za pitanja oko PayPala u Srbiji:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paypal.srb
[/quote

Thanks, but my problem is not my PayPal account (I use it easily) but the problem is that 95% of those who sell comics in Serbia (on Limundo or in Facebook groups) don't accept PayPal. For those who live outside Serbia it is a problem to pay without having to spend on high bank fees
Go to Top of Page

Lukeruk

Serbia
374 Posts

Member since 17/01/2018

Posted - 19/01/2024 : 21:38:27  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Lukeruk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PayPal work perfectly in Serbia and there are thousends of users.
I guess comics sellers don't want to bother with PayPal due to the lack of buyers from other countries. Huge majority of buyers on Limundo and FB groups are from Serbia or ex YU.
Go to Top of Page

naker
Advanced Member

3548 Posts

Member since 05/06/2020

Posted - 19/01/2024 : 22:49:01  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send naker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@bing67; I shared the link to the FB group because there are lots of users there that use PP regularly so they can give some feedback on pros and cons of PayPal. But the most obvious reason why sellers don't want to use PP is because probably they have never used it or they don't know how to use it. Also one important thing worth noting is that from January 1st 2023. users in Serbia have to report tax income if they had any payments from abroad. So if someone withdraws the money from their PP to their bank account they will have to report it to the tax agency which means lots of paperwork which is annoying to do and probably people don't want to bother with that.

In my experience, PayPal isn't as good as it used to be. Fees are too high, and sometimes PP can freeze your account so you can't withdraw your money because they are doing some security checks or some nonsense like that. I personally have better experience with Wise because it's cheaper than PP. Western Union is alright as well, I'm pretty sure WU offers free first transfer when you register for the first time. I'm not sure if WU checks the IP address but it's worth trying to open a new account with a different email so that you can always get that free first transfer. I don't know if this will work and I know it's annoying to create new email accounts but if you are not a frequent buyer this is the cheapest way and basically everyone in Serbia will accept WU because it's simple to use.

Hope it helps :)
Go to Top of Page

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 20/01/2024 : 15:09:26  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you naker

unfortunately Western Union and MoneyGram for 150 euros of payment want around 15 euros of taxes which is a huge amount (10%) I don't know Wise but probably as you say they don't use PayPal because there are few requests for purchases from abroad but I also think that purchases from abroad could certainly be greater if it were easier to pay. I'm not saying that small sellers should do it but there are regular sellers on LIMUNDO with continuous comic auctions and at least from them it wouldn't be bad to have a payment system that doesn't take away 10% commissions

quote:
Originally posted by naker

@bing67; I shared the link to the FB group because there are lots of users there that use PP regularly so they can give some feedback on pros and cons of PayPal. But the most obvious reason why sellers don't want to use PP is because probably they have never used it or they don't know how to use it. Also one important thing worth noting is that from January 1st 2023. users in Serbia have to report tax income if they had any payments from abroad. So if someone withdraws the money from their PP to their bank account they will have to report it to the tax agency which means lots of paperwork which is annoying to do and probably people don't want to bother with that.

In my experience, PayPal isn't as good as it used to be. Fees are too high, and sometimes PP can freeze your account so you can't withdraw your money because they are doing some security checks or some nonsense like that. I personally have better experience with Wise because it's cheaper than PP. Western Union is alright as well, I'm pretty sure WU offers free first transfer when you register for the first time. I'm not sure if WU checks the IP address but it's worth trying to open a new account with a different email so that you can always get that free first transfer. I don't know if this will work and I know it's annoying to create new email accounts but if you are not a frequent buyer this is the cheapest way and basically everyone in Serbia will accept WU because it's simple to use.

Hope it helps :)

Go to Top of Page

sawitch
Advanced Member

Serbia
39392 Posts

Member since 17/11/2007

Posted - 20/01/2024 : 23:43:28  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send sawitch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lukeruk

I guess comics sellers don't want to bother with PayPal due to the lack of buyers from other countries. Huge majority of buyers on Limundo and FB groups are from Serbia or ex YU.

Can you send from Serbia in “friends & family” option? Or receive? 2-3 years ago you couldn’t do it.
Go to Top of Page

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 21/01/2024 : 11:06:23  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sawitch
Can you send from Serbia in “friends & family” option? Or receive? 2-3 years ago you couldn’t do it.

I dont know... I have never had the opportunity to buy comics in Serbia by paying with PayPal
Go to Top of Page

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 21/01/2024 : 11:08:16  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no wait... that's not true... a few days ago I paid for some items (not camics ) to a seller in Serbia with PayPal and... yes, I confirm that the "friends or family" option was present

Edited by - bing67 on 21/01/2024 11:09:25
Go to Top of Page

Lukeruk

Serbia
374 Posts

Member since 17/01/2018

Posted - 21/01/2024 : 12:38:51  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Lukeruk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sawitch

quote:

I never tried that option, if there is one. I have a business account, and I am using PP just for business. I know a few people from Serbia who sell various physical items and receive payments worldwide via PayPal without any problems. I guess it could be arranged in the same way with the comic book market if there were more buyers outside of Serbia.

After all, why would anyone try to target buyers from other countries on Limundo? Ebay or a similar platform are far better options for that.
Go to Top of Page

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 21/01/2024 : 13:12:00  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
After all, why would anyone try to target buyers from other countries on Limundo? Ebay or a similar platform are far better options for that.

as mentioned above, the friends and relatives option is also available for PayPal in Serbia, I tried it personally

Having said that, I'll give you my example

I don't live in Serbia but there are Alan Ford collectors outside Serbia too (I am Italian and currently live in Switzerland) and some of them also love to collect foreign editions. On eBay the editions of ALAN FORD from the former Yugoslavia, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Macedonia are less present than what is found on Limundo but unfortunately payment difficulties make this platform less usable. Much easier to make purchases in Croatia because being part of the EU, bank payments are practically free of charges

Go to Top of Page

bing67
Starting Member

79 Posts

Member since 10/07/2022

Posted - 21/01/2024 : 13:19:58  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bing67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you can imagine that buying 100 euros of ALAN FORD VIJESNIK on Limundo and 15 euros shipping it's ok but pay another 20 euros in fees for a payment on Serbian bank or 15-18 euro on WU/MG is not reasonable

Edited by - bing67 on 21/01/2024 13:21:07
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000