forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Stripovi
 ...jer kome su još potrebni ugovori...
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3524 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 17:44:08  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jedna zanimljiva anegdota čuvenog Marvelovog urednika Jima Shootera...

izvor:
www.jimshooter.com/2012/03/doctorow-doctrine-and-other-techno.html

Once upon a time when I worked at Marvel, at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair, I went with our licensing executives to a meeting with a Yugoslavian publisher (it was still Yugoslavia back then).

The Yugoslavian publishing execs ushered us into the private office portion of their stand where there was a small freezer. The freezer was packed full of vodka. They poured all present a tumbler full of vodka. We’re talking eight ounces, here, at least. They insisted that before any business could be discussed we must all drink.

It was 9:00 AM.

One of our licensing execs didn’t drink. At all. I think her name was Laura. Anyway, she politely declined. The Yugoslavians were adamant. No drink, no meeting.

Laura reluctantly took a sip. Her glass, almost imperceptibly less full, was nonetheless immediately replenished.

As were all other glasses, each and every time a drop was drunk.

After many a toast, to Marvel, to America, to Yugoslavia, to Bologna, to vodka, whatever, we started to talk business.

Hic.

Once he judged us sufficiently lubricated, the Yugoslavian publisher excitedly showed us a printed copy of an album, already on sale, made using EPIC Illustrated material.

“But we haven’t started licensing EPIC yet,” said I.

“Look!” he said, “Look at the production values!” He was so proud.

The book looked great. I asked him where the @#$%& he got the repro film. He told me they shot their film from a printed copy of EPIC! Rescreened it! Doctored it up! Wasn’t it beautiful?!

It looked better than the original.

“Don’t worry,” he said, “We’ll pay. We just couldn’t wait for contracts.”

PreliStAvanje - YouTube kanal za promociju strip-kulture

Deers
Advanced Member

Croatia
9200 Posts

Member since 29/03/2004

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 18:07:40  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Deers a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Trzaj mišica i nad prazninom sam."
Go to Top of Page

Poli
Advanced Member

Slovenia
37338 Posts

Member since 26/10/2007

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 18:33:05  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Poli a Private Message  Reply with Quote

he he, zabavna :)

ima jos "dalje" na linku ako netko nije provjerio ;)

Anything is possible dec d uej
Be the Change You Want to See
Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25862 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 21:14:31  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To bi trebalo biti SS Ansver/Odgovor u Spunku?Ne sjecam se niceg drugoga iz Epica u nas?

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

Vlaadisha
Advanced Member

USA
3299 Posts

Member since 21/07/2004

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 21:24:44  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Vlaadisha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaki

To bi trebalo biti SS Ansver/Odgovor u Spunku?Ne sjecam se niceg drugoga iz Epica u nas?

bilo je krateza iz prvih brojeva: convert, solar plexus, ilicevi stripovi...
Go to Top of Page

Vlaadisha
Advanced Member

USA
3299 Posts

Member since 21/07/2004

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 21:32:19  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Vlaadisha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mali off topic, ali evo jos jedne price iz tog perioda.

Iz intervjua sa Alom Williamsonom, godina je 1984.

WILLIAMSON: The syndicates are a bunch of morons, most of them, because they don’t know what they’ve got. They don’t give a damn: they just sell stuff. I’ll give you an instance: Flash Gordon by Alex Raymond. Alex did it for 10 years, from 1934 to 1944. Ten years and four months of it. And that stuff has kept King Features going for the last 50 years. First, when Raymond was doing it, and then the movies, and then the reprints in Europe. And the reprints in Europe with Raymond’s stuff is that every two or three years they come out with a new reprint of the same stuff, and you know King Features is making money off that. But they don’t give a shit. When we were doing the Nostalgia Flash Gordon book, do you know what they gave us to do? They gave us to reproduce from Xeroxes, bad ones. Not Xeroxes — Photostats. They were blown up from microfilm. That’s what we had, that they gave us. Luckily, I had a set in black and white, and we got the missing stuff from Mrs. Raymond.

RINGGENBERG: You helped assemble the volumes?

WILLIAMSON: Yes.

RINGGENBERG: What did you think of the color volumes they came out with?

WILLIAMSON: They were awful. Let me tell you something. We just got a letter from a publisher in Yugoslavia, who just bought the rights to print Star Wars in Europe. They’re going to do it in magazine form, with super color. Do you know what that miserable syndicate sent them?

RINGGENBERG: What?

WILLIAMSON: Bad Xeroxes to shoot from. And they’re paying top dollar.

Edited by - Vlaadisha on 22/07/2014 21:36:33
Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25862 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 23:29:43  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strip Art?

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25862 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 22/07/2014 : 23:32:13  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vlaadisha

quote:

ALi naglaseno je album a tom opisu odgovara jedino Spunk.

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

bjelolasica
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
5106 Posts

Member since 30/08/2009

Posted - 23/07/2014 : 00:19:30  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send bjelolasica a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Samo na ovo prostoru

Don’t beat me massa!Please don’t beat me massa!Don’t beat this tired old body! No, no!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8D93Awa434
Go to Top of Page

zeraprinc
Average Member

Serbia
977 Posts

Member since 03/02/2004

Posted - 23/07/2014 : 00:19:37  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Visit zeraprinc's Homepage  Send zeraprinc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ma, šta god da je. Dobra je priča. :)

Stella Rossa, 50 ml: http://parfemi-srb.com/index.php/proizvodi/product/309-stella-rossa
Partizan, 50 ml: http://parfemi-srb.com/index.php/proizvodi/product/311-partizan
Go to Top of Page

Vlaadisha
Advanced Member

USA
3299 Posts

Member since 21/07/2004

Posted - 23/07/2014 : 01:46:43  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Vlaadisha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Vlaadisha

quote:

ALi naglaseno je album a tom opisu odgovara jedino Spunk.

pa sve nabrojano je iz spunka
Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25862 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 23/07/2014 : 07:42:33  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tushe.

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000