forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Americki strip
 Red Barry
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr. Bushido
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
12765 Posts

Member since 23/09/2005

Posted - 23/06/2016 : 00:45:30  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Mr. Bushido a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iako su Milton Caniff i Will Eisner značajno utjecali na Huga Pratta u autorskom smislu, njegov pravi učitelj zapravo je bio jedan manje poznati autor po imenu Will Gould. Gould se u relativno kratkom razdoblju bavio stripovima i ilustracijom, nakon čega je karijeru nastavio na televiziji i radiju. Njegovo najpoznatije djelo je novinski strip Red Barry. Iako je zamišljen kao konkurencija stripu Dick Tracy Chestera Goulda (nisu u rodu) Red Barry je bio daleko od obične kopije. Krasile su ga uzbudljive priče u kojima je do posebnog izražaja dolazio Gouldov specifičan crtački stil. Red Barry nikad nije doživio popularnost svoga slavnog konkurenta. Makar je 1938. godine prema stripu snimljen filmski serijal, u kojem je naslovnog junaka tumačio Buster Crabbe. Strip je objavljivan u novinama u razdoblju od 1934. do 1939. godine.

Evo što je Hugo Pratt rekao o Willu Gouldu u jednom intervjuu iz 1988. godine.

quote:
Hugo Pratt: He [Chester Gould] narrated masterfully, but I prefer Will Gould, who has no relation to Dick Tracy's author. Will's line is more dynamic, in the thirties he launched the police comic strip Red Barry. Will Gould was the artist who had the most impact on me.

Novinar: I had supposed those [who had the greatest impact] were Noel Sickles and Milton Caniff. Will Gould's work isn't very well known.

Hugo Pratt: I admit Will Gould isn't a widespread comics artist, but he was my real teacher. Though of course Caniff with Terry and the Pirates had an influence on my style as well, and besides, I consider he's the greatest comic strip artist ever.

Fantagraphics je 1989. godine objavio reprint stripa Red Barry. Sada je IDW najavio novo reprint-izdanje.

quote:
Red Barry: Undercover Man, Vol. 1
Will Gould (w & a & c)
Red Barry was one of the most visually innovative adventure strips of the mid-1930s, combining fluid brushwork and noir shadows (in bold blues and purples) with figures that were constantly in motion, plus a level of violence that brought cries of protest from its syndicate. Red Barry and Secret Agent X-9 were King Features' answers to the Tribune Syndicate's popular Dick Tracy by Chester Gould. While X-9 continued for decades under hands of various quality, Red Barry by Will Gould (no relation to Chester) was an auteur's vision that lasted less than four years (primarily because Gould couldn't meet his deadlines). Regardless, it is today considered one of comics history's great unsung masterpieces, one which famed mystery writer Anthony Boucher said was "the only detectives strip...worthy of any consideration from my scholarly viewpoint." This two-volume series will reprint the complete dailies and color Sundays.
HC • PC • $49.99 • 284 pages • 11" x 8.5" • ISBN: 978-1-63140-722-2
•"Will Gould was the artist who had the most impact on me." -- Hugo Pratt

Comics is any art you can read. -- Sean T. Collins

JAH WOBBLE
Average Member

628 Posts

Member since 20/01/2009

Posted - 23/09/2016 : 10:53:20  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send JAH WOBBLE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
preview
https://issuu.com/idwpublishing/docs/redbarry_preview
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000