forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 www.stripovi.com - svaštara - off topic diskusije
 Glazba
 OLDIES FOREVER / MUSIC / CARS / MOVIES & Chicas!
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 287

Tutta
Advanced Member

Germany
24299 Posts

Member since 19/02/2010

Posted - 21/09/2018 :  10:05:47  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Tutta a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Melanie - Long Long Time

Melanie Safka - The Saddest Thing

MELANIE SAFKA - Dust in the Wind

Melanie - Bo Bo's Party (1968) HQ

MUNROWS RETRO

This was my first introduction to Melanie's music and it was all over the FM "underground" radio stations in Toronto, Ontario and Buffalo, NY in 1968 and 1969.
A number of instances of her music were inspired by her love of the cabaret songs of Lotte Lenya and music of Bertolt Brecht, although she used folk music as
her means to bring to the audience that quality of expressionism with the intimacy of a confessional poet.

The meaning of this particular melody certainly was not lost on those doing album reviews back in 1968 and 1969. In a review of the album the song appears on,
Born To Be, Hi Fi Mag noted the following:

"As a songwriter she is superb, tackling with ease topics as diverse as prostitution (Bo Bo's Party), promiscuity (I Really Loved Harold), commitment (Close To
It All and Animal Crackers). She composes forceful, personal lyrics and houses them perfectly in simple, often humable melodies." http://www.melaniemusic.com/melanie/b...

In any event, I think anyone watching her performance of the song in France can tell by her facial expressions and mannerisms that this song was intended to
be a somewhat bawdy bit of drama laced with a tantalizing darkness. The proper spelling of the title IS "Bo Bo's Party" (as any album or single sleeve from that
time will confirm) and NOT the much more often used misspelling of "Bobo's Party."

I was lucky to catch it one night and record it. Of course now I have it with her other songs on CD. It became one of my favorite songs and I think, among her
very best. It actually charted as a single at #1, but only in one country: France. There are some articles that claim it reached #14 rather than #1, thus I'm not
sure who is telling the truth. Otherwise, it was heard on the underground circuit in most other countries, particularly in the US and Canada.

Released in November 1968 on her debut album, Born To Be, after her appearance at Woodstock, the LP was re-released under the title of My First Album. The single
"Bo Bo's Party" that became a smash hit in France was released in February 1969.

Wiki: Melanie Anne Safka-Schekeryk
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Safka

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

+IN HOC SIGNO VINCES+

Edited by - Tutta on 21/09/2018 10:15:49
Go to Top of Page

Tutta
Advanced Member

Germany
24299 Posts

Member since 19/02/2010

Posted - 21/09/2018 :  10:16:07  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Tutta a Private Message  Reply with Quote

+IN HOC SIGNO VINCES+

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 287  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000