forum.stripovi.com
forum.stripovi.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Aukcije | Private Messages | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stripovi
 Izdavacki izlog
 MAKONDO najavljuje: B. Vindzor-Smit, ČUDOVIŠTA
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MAKONDO
Average Member

534 Posts

Member since 20/06/2012

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 12:37:02  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send MAKONDO a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Dragi prijatelji,

Veliko nam je zadovoljstvo da najavimo jedno zaista posebno strip izdanje - magnum opus velikog Barija Vindzora-Smita, Čudovišta.
Životni projekat na kome je radio više od 35 godina konačno će ugledati svetlo dana, pred vama će biti grandiozan grafički roman na 380 strana, nacrtan olovkom i tušem.
Delom špijunski triler delom porodična drama, ovo je potresno i metaforično delo kakvo se retko pojavljuje.
U prodaji će se naći krajem godine.

u zalivu magije...

Edited by - MAKONDO on 19/02/2021 12:39:13

Paka01
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
11442 Posts

Member since 14/02/2009

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 13:04:26  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Paka01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ovo je zapravo njegova verzija Hulka koliko se sjećam?
Uglavnom, rado bih ovo imao na polici!

Would a new flood please finally come? A real rain and an assortment of plagues
And when all is said and done, even the Devil won't care enough to spit in the mud

https://www.last.fm/user/Pakaa
Go to Top of Page

MAKONDO
Average Member

534 Posts

Member since 20/06/2012

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 13:10:44  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send MAKONDO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paka01

Ovo je zapravo njegova verzija Hulka koliko se sjećam?
Uglavnom, rado bih ovo imao na polici!

" ...Once upon a time, in 1984, it was a planned Hulk story called Thanksgiving by Barry Windsor-Smith, which portrayed the Hulk's existence as a result of abuse Bruce Banner suffered as a child. The idea was then used by Bill Mantlo in the ongoing Hulk comic book revealing the Hulk to be an expression of what was then dubbed schizophrenia, now dissociative identity disorder and more commonly multiple personality disorder. Peter David credits Mantlo for inspiring his own work on the character, which became so seminal, defining the character for a generation.

Some state that Mantlo simply stole the idea, and that seems to have been Windsor-Smith's interpretation. But talking to industry figures, the consensus seems to be that Mantlo didn't steal it, but was referring to it. Knowing the story existed, presuming it would be published by the time his issue was out, and referring to it when writing his own. Expanding upon the original idea, with his own concepts of three externalised figures, Guardian, Goblin and Glow, representing Freudian aspects of the Hulk and Banner's mind, conjured up by the Crossroads world around him.

Barry Windsor-Smith pulled his Hulk story in protest and began to rework it for other publication plans. First to Dark Horse Comics where it would have been called Big Red, but he fell out with publisher Mike Richardson over the Storyteller series. He took the projects to DC Comics, where it would have been recreated with new characters as a graphic novel, Monster. However, that project failed as Karen Berger and Paul Levitz refusing to allow Windsor-Smith to use certain vulgarities in the comic, and a now-planned use of the c-word was too far for DC then (though commonplace in Hellblazer now). What was originally a 22-page story was now over 270 pages

Fantagraphics published his similarly-withdrawn X-Men story, Lifedeath III as the Storyteller spinoff, Adastra In Africa. It was hoped something similar could be achieved with Monster. And that's just what happened..."

u zalivu magije...
Go to Top of Page

Paka01
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
11442 Posts

Member since 14/02/2009

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 13:22:02  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Paka01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zanimljivo Crtež je baš prva liga, jedva čekam!

And when all is said and done, even the Devil won't care enough to spit in the mud

Go to Top of Page

ivanl
Advanced Member

Croatia
15683 Posts

Member since 24/04/2012

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 13:31:24  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ivanl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lijepo! Mislim, ruzno, ali odlicno!

Los cukar na fritulama!
Go to Top of Page

anto
Advanced Member

Serbia
20717 Posts

Member since 29/06/2008

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 13:50:15  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send anto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MAKONDO najavljuje: Sfar/Trondhajm, ČUDOVIŠTA
(kako bi tek ovo lepo zvučalo)

Dajte nam Ralph Azhama;može i mekokoricen (ali u boji obavezno)!
Go to Top of Page

verab

Croatia
2522 Posts

Member since 22/01/2015

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 14:28:35  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send verab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoće li format biti kao i kod Jonathan Cape-ovog izdanja?

Nadam se da nećete ići s previše sjajnim papirom.
Go to Top of Page

Shaner
Advanced Member

Croatia
6930 Posts

Member since 24/09/2012

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 15:35:28  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Shaner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ovo djeluje sjajno! Svaka čast na izboru!

http://onlineimpressions.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jaki
Advanced Member

Croatia
25896 Posts

Member since 13/03/2004

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 15:50:02  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send jaki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Depresiva u stripu mi ne treba

Ja sam fetišist papira!
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3524 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 18:22:46  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jedva čekam da pročitam, a i srpsko izdanje. Windsor-Smith je legenda i nakon ovoliko godina, verujem da je imao šta da ispriča. Iako "na neviđeno", najbolja najava od Makonda dosad...

PreliStAvanje - YouTube kanal za promociju strip-kulture
Go to Top of Page

borg

Serbia
1728 Posts

Member since 13/01/2020

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 21:54:18  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send borg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gil-galad

Jedva čekam da pročitam, a i srpsko izdanje. Windsor-Smith je legenda i nakon ovoliko godina, verujem da je imao šta da ispriča. Iako "na neviđeno", najbolja najava od Makonda dosad...

+1

E, sad samo (do)čekati :)

Resistance is futile.
Go to Top of Page

MAKONDO
Average Member

534 Posts

Member since 20/06/2012

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 22:26:20  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send MAKONDO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by verab

Još ćemo videti za format, a na mat papiru će ići.

u zalivu magije...
Go to Top of Page

borg

Serbia
1728 Posts

Member since 13/01/2020

Posted - 19/02/2021 : 23:08:10  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send borg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Možda papir kao u DW Iz pakla, ili Fibrina Zabranjena luka, koji je malo diskretniji, al da vuče na retro.

Resistance is futile.
Go to Top of Page

verab

Croatia
2522 Posts

Member since 22/01/2015

Posted - 20/02/2021 : 13:06:41  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send verab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAKONDO

quote:
Originally posted by verab

Još ćemo videti za format, a na mat papiru će ići.

Odlično, saad mogu kenslati pre-order na amazonu.
Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3524 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 20/02/2021 : 18:44:15  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Prva dva poglavlja...
https://books.google.rs/books/about/Monsters.html?id=cA3rDwAAQBAJ&redir_esc=y

Go to Top of Page

going going
Advanced Member

Serbia
11347 Posts

Member since 24/04/2012

Posted - 21/02/2021 : 01:37:48  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send going going a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

+1!

A koja je engleska rec na slovo C koja je bila neprihvatljiva za Karen Berger i Vertigo?
Go to Top of Page

ridiculus

1403 Posts

Member since 11/06/2008

Posted - 21/02/2021 : 01:59:33  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ridiculus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by going going

quote:

+1!

A koja je engleska rec na slovo C koja je bila neprihvatljiva za Karen Berger i Vertigo?

Pa valjda c*nt. Ali mnogo pre toga je bio odbijen u Marvelu iz istog razloga. Ann Nocenti nije mogla da prihvati ovu priču još sredinom 80-ih zbog vulgarnih reči, koje Windsor-Smith nije hteo da izmeni, tako da ništa nije proizašlo iz toga.

In Love, if Love be Love, if Love be ours,
Faith and unfaith can ne'er be equal powers
Go to Top of Page

going going
Advanced Member

Serbia
11347 Posts

Member since 24/04/2012

Posted - 21/02/2021 : 02:04:01  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send going going a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Svidja mi se njegova beskompromisnost! To vrlo cenim kod umetnika.
Go to Top of Page

ridiculus

1403 Posts

Member since 11/06/2008

Posted - 21/02/2021 : 13:41:51  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ridiculus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nije mi sasvim jasan taj stav. TV i film su davno prešli tu granicu. Ajde, Marvelova glavna produkcija 80-ih nije isto što i Vertigo 10 godina kasnije, ali ne sećam se da li su u njihovoj ediciji Epic imali slične primere tada.

Chaykin je u Twilight-u uspeo da provuče reč "rimjob" (sa vrlo jasnim značenjem) , nekoliko godina pre nego što će DC formirati Vertigo. Jebiga, nije psovka.

Najbolji primer cenzure ostaje ona epizoda Green Lantern koju je crtao Kevin O'Neill (a pisao Moore), koju je Comics Code Authority odbacio zato što je crtež "neprijatan". Iako je na kraju DC štampao epizodu uprkos tome.

Go to Top of Page

Paka01
stripovi.com suradnik

Croatia
11442 Posts

Member since 14/02/2009

Posted - 21/02/2021 : 20:02:22  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Paka01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meni je bilo zanimljivo dok sam čitao God Loves, Man Kills primjetiti da je riječ "nigger" prošla bez problema.

Go to Top of Page

MAKONDO
Average Member

534 Posts

Member since 20/06/2012

Posted - 25/02/2021 : 23:07:40  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send MAKONDO a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Barry Windsor-Smith has for over three decades, been working on Monsters. Almost twenty years ago I read an unfinished version and was shocked and astonished at the power and delicacy of the storytelling, by the honesty of the family relationships, by the feeling that this was being created by someone willing to reveal too much and go too deep in order to tell the story he had to tell. That it is completed and that it will be released to the world is something that's genuinely exciting for any of us who care about comics, or stories, or the place where art and imagination meet."
― Neil Gaiman, New York Times best-selling author

"This exquisitely illustrated epic bursts with emotion, insight, and empathy. Five decades into his already influential career, Windsor-Smith has created his magnum opus."
― Library Journal (starred review)

"The illustrations are in black and white and finely detailed, with shadows enhancing an ominous tone, and readers of political and supernatural thrillers, sf, and historical fiction with a vein of forbidden love will all enjoy this book."
― Booklist

"Consummate craftsman Barry Windsor-Smith presents an epic tale of love, horror, revenge, and redemption in his outstanding graphic novel. ...Years in the making, Monsters is a graphic narrative masterpiece and a haunting examination of the lingering effects of evil."
― Foreword Magazine

"Deeply disturbing and frequently beautiful ... Fans will pick up the book for Windsor-Smith's ornamental artwork."
― Publishers Weekly

" Monsters combines gothic horror with comic book tropes to produce a melting pot of twisted drama, moral dilemmas, and unrelenting brilliance from the opening onwards."
― Monkeys Fighting Robots

u zalivu magije...
Go to Top of Page

ridiculus

1403 Posts

Member since 11/06/2008

Posted - 26/02/2021 : 19:18:36  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ridiculus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAKONDO

Neil Gaiman, New York Times best-selling author

... and the world's most prolific blurber.

Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3524 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 26/03/2021 : 04:28:51  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Monsters combines gothic horror with comic book tropes to produce a melting pot of twisted drama, moral dilemmas, and unrelenting brilliance from the opening onwards. There is a powerful Frankenstein influence that has been combined with a Captain America style origin story. This is a merging of cultures and genres that crosses oceans, time, and mediums. Old British sensibilities have been grafted onto classic American pulp fictions to create something modern and inspirational. The narrative is the tour-de-force that Fantagraphics promise, and it will move you on several emotional levels."
https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/review-monsters-is-a-masterpiece-of-modern-comic-books/

Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3524 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 21/04/2021 : 16:58:55  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Intervju sa legendarnim BWS-om... Dugo nije bilo vesti o njemu, pa je Monsters važan koliko kao novo delo, koje će obradovati najpre Smithove fanove, toliko i zbog povratka Smitha u javnost. Pa koliko god on želi da se pojavljuje, svaki intervju i vest su zlatni...

Go to Top of Page

Gil-galad
stripovi.com suradnik

Serbia
3524 Posts

Member since 19/05/2008

Posted - 29/04/2021 : 01:09:11  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send Gil-galad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ima još... I biće još, jer je zaslužio.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2021/04/27/three-decades-in-the-making-barry-windsor-smiths-monsters-finally-makes-its-debut

Go to Top of Page

ridiculus

1403 Posts

Member since 11/06/2008

Posted - 29/04/2021 : 09:33:58  Show Profile Show Extended Profile  Send ridiculus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Piskor i Rugg sa Cartoonist Kayfabe su dohvatili u ruke Monsters, i daju svoje detaljne komentare:

Međutim, ovo bi sve bili SPOJLERI, budući da pred kamerom listaju strip, pa sam ja pogledao samo prvih 10 minuta.

Ali zato su ovu epizodu nastavili sa još tri kraće posvećene Windsor-Smithu: X-Men #205, antologija Storyteller, i, na kraju Adastra i Lifedeath. Pa, koga zanima njegov rad, ima šta da vidi.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
forum.stripovi.com © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000